Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Sometimes I Amaze Myself...

I never would have guessed that this old quilt top would turn out so pretty! It is off the machine now, waiting to have the thread tails trimmed, the binding put on, and, oh, yes, it needs a bath after spending the last forty years or so in a plastic bag!


This was not my favorite quilt to work on for many reasons, but now that the quilting is done, I'm singing, "You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine..."

The Quilters' Dream Puff backing was a good choice to fill in the saggy areas of the quilting.


The backing is white muslin, and it looks very textural and frothy like a wedding cake!



This quilt has a twin that is waiting for the same treatment...but I am going to do a few other smaller projects first before tacking such an intensive project again.

11 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow it is really beautiful!

Beena said...

Your quilting really elevated this stunningly pieced quilt! I can see why you are singing!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Barbara Sindlinger said...

All I can say is WOW! That is a beautiful quilt.

Betsy said...

All I can say is wow!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Gorgeous, the quilting is just outstanding. You must be so proud of it.

Na Na said...

Great job! I love how it turned out.

Karen S said...

I love those frothy feathers!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

This is really lovely, love it!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing your pictures.