Saturday, June 6, 2009

Symposium Report #4: Quilt Show on TQS

Quilting Superstars Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson featured the North Carolina Quilt Symposium on The Quilt Show, an Internet-based quilt network. The blog is free and often features slide shows created with SmileBox. Not long ago, my quilt Mountain Sunset was featured in a slide show called "Unforgettable." I also had a quilt included on the "First Quilts" slide show, with my son Dave and niece Jessie lying on the first quilt I ever made. This time they did not include my Symposium quilt in the slide show, but you can get an idea of the lovely Peace College campus, some of the quilts and classes at the the Symposium. Many Capital Quilt Guild members can be seen in the slides. The first slide featured on the blog is a quilt by my friend Jean from my local bee. Enjoy!

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/blog.php/blog_id/1924

As I was searching for my classroom last Sunday morning, it was a virtual Who's Who of the Quilting World in room after room. Rachel Clark, Sue Nickels, Elly Synkiewvich, Yvonne Porcella, Charlotte Warr Anderson ...I was truly in the midst of inspirational quilters!

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Wow do they do this every year?? Sounds wonderful.