- attaining the Eagle Scout award
- being first chair in trombone in high school
- working at a gas station from age fourteen to earn money for his first car by age 16
- working his way through college and graduating (after changing majors three times)
- switching careers from a university administrator to successful stockbroker at age 36
- becoming such a good slalom water-skier that other boaters on the lake would stop and watch
- becoming an expert marksman
- becoming a private pilot
- best of all, being a wonderful husband, father, grandfather, and friend
I love you, Charlie McBrayer!
We are heading to Sunset Beach, North Carolina, tonight for a beach weekend with family and friends. Yep, I'm playing hooky tomorrow. The weather should be sunny but a little cool for sunning or swimming. But we can't wait! Here is a little snapshot of spring, which is looking glorious here in central North Carolina- especially since the sun decided to shine again yesterday!