Thursday, September 25, 2008

Exhibits, Prize, and Blog Awards


It is officially an exhibit! Breaking Traditions 2008:With One Voice is now hanging for exhibit at the American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan, this weekend. These twelve-inch quilts look great pinned together as one large piece! This exhibit of art quilts celebrating the good in this world has raised $1085 for the American Cancer Society. My quilt, Second-Hand Rose, is the last one on the right in the third row from the top, . I also found out that I won a participation prize of some Artgirlz products, which is kind of fun! Thanks to Lynn Krawczyk, the challenge coordinator, for allowing the use of her photographs. She has done a fantastic job raising money for cancer with this project.



Now I must also give thanks for two awards that I have recently received.


From Susan Loftin of Sunrise Quilt Studio, I received the Kreativ Blogger Award.



I had not "met" Susan before she bestowed this award on me. When I browsed through her blog, it was interesting to see that she is also working on a Grand Canyon landscape quilt! Except hers actually has some fabric on it. Mine is still a drawing, but it is now enlarged to about 24 x 36. I want it to be bigger, maybe 40 x 60.

The rules for this award:


1. The winner may put the logo on her blog.


2. Put a link to the person you got the award from.


3. Nominate 5 blogs


4. Put links to the blogs.


5. Leave a message for your nominees.

I also received an award on the same day from Lynn Majidimehr at
LAM's Blog.

Isn't this cute? I was really proud that Lynn passed this along to me, because she is an art quilter extraordinaire and also a pattern designer. Lynn was in the same inspirational online class with me, Think Like an Artist with Pamela Allen. But even before that, we were reading each other's blogs. She is also signed up for the Journal Making for the Fiber Artist workshop with Sue Bleiweiss. Here are the rules for this blog award:


The rules of this award are as follows:

1. The winner can put the logo on the blog.

2. Put a link on the blog to the person who awarded it.

3. Nominate at least seven other blogs.

4. Put links to those you nominate and

5. Advise those you have nominated.

Oh my, how am I going to nominate all these blogs? I certainly did not have time to do this when I received the nominations on September 15. I have about sixty-five subscriptions in Google Reader, which lets me know when they have been updated. Many of these blogs have received multiple award nominations. This is not following the rules, but I hereby pass these awards along to any of my blog readers who would like to be nominated. I enjoy reading blogs and am so inspired to see the beautiful creations of talented fiber artists out there. If you would like to be officially nominated, I will certainly do so.
Thank you, Lynn and Susan, for passing along the award to me. I "heart" your blogs and think both of you are Kreativ Bloggers.



2 comments:

Dave said...

You should have included these other two awards in this post:

Best Mom Ever

World's Best Grandma!

;)

Quilted Treasures of Alaska said...

Congratulations, Jeanne!