Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Follow-up

You may recall that I have completed about five or six quilt tops made by my sister-in-law Debbie's late grandmother.   Here are some pictures Debbie sent me of some of those quilts.


The basket quilt is still my favorite of all of her grandma's quilt tops.  I custom-quilted it with feathers.  I liked it so much that I even entered it in one of my guild shows when the theme was "Everything Old is New Again."



If you look at the Hoosier cabinet in the first photo, you will spy a little quilt I made for Chris and Debbie years ago as a "thank you" for having our family for Thanksgiving.  It is a Debbie Mumm pattern called Farmer's Market.

Here are the two Blazing Star quilts that Debbie's grandmother pieced and I quilted.  These caused me much moaning, groaning, and gnashing of teeth...but don't they look great on the beds?



The two quilts are custom-quilted with continuous curves in the star points and feather wreaths in the white space.



You may also remember my post about making two small art quilts for a charity auction.  The Board of Realtor's auction was last weekend, and the proceeds go to the local Food Bank.

I am happy to say that this little guy raised $45.00



and this larger one sold for $60.00.  Very gratifying!




Both pieces are bound quilts that are mounted on artist's gallery-wrapped canvas.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Those vintage quilts are wonderful. Your sister-in-law is lucky you are so talented! :-)