Monday, September 5, 2011

Mountain Weekend Wrap-Up-and a little art

These two dogs have made many runs up the mountain this weekend.  I don't anticipate any trouble out of them on the way home.


It has been a really fun weekend.  Yesterday, we all went for a ride up the mountain, and Charlie took a group picture with the self-timer feature on his camera. Charlie and I are on the very left side.


Here is the little mountain view watercolor I did on Saturday.



It is tiny, only about 3" across.  It was inspired by the view from Art and Mary Bethel's porch in Jefferson.



Unfortunately, I painted it within a frame of a background that is way too busy for this painting.  I copied the background from the Journal Fodder Junkies book by Eric M. Scott and David R. Modler.


I think I will do a little surgery with a craft knife, and insert something else in the frame.  The authors had a black and white abstract drawing that popped really well in the space.

And here is a spread in my Moleskine journal that I finished after Hurricane Irene spared my town last weekend.



It is raining this morning, so we will probably pack up and go home shortly.  I hope you all had a nice weekend!

No comments: