Thursday, April 21, 2011

Peek at my Zentangle Sketch Book

I have not shown any of my Zentangle doodles in awhile.  Every once in awhile I get out my sketchbook and enjoy a little doodle therapy!  I made a pocket in the front to keep my Alpha Tangle book by Sandy Steen Bartholomew.


Here is a Zentangle version of the Streak of Lightning block!


I've done a couple of Zentangle posies.  I see that this first one has attracted a little red ink on one petal.




This one is just a page of doodles.



This is my Zen version of our mountain cabin.


And a Zen kimono.



There are several free sources of Zentangle doodles.  One is Suzanne McNeil's blog.  She shows one per week, along with the step-outs of how to draw them.  She usually incorporates one of the weekly tangles into a beautiful illustration.

Another is the Zentangle website.

A third is the Enthusiastic Artist blog.

Take a look at a few of these, and give Zentangle a try.  It's kind of addictive!

No comments: