Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Charity Quilt

Here is a little charity quilt that I just finished for Capital Quilters Guild of Raleigh.  It is for the Quilts on Wheels project, which provides lap quilts for residents of rest homes.  I do not know the piecer- they dropped the top off at the guild, and I picked it up to do the quilting.


This one reminds me of the colors and fabrics of Provence, France.  I took my quilting inspiration from the blue sashing/border  fabric.  It features loopy circles.



Here is a pinwheel section of the quilt.



The backing is a blue and white checked homespun.



I also finished another quilt for a customer, which I will share next time.  In fact, this charity quilt was a warm-up for it, since I had not used the Gammill in a week.  It helps to get in the groove!



No comments: