Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Carolina Longarm Quilt Show

Tomorrow I am getting my eyes checked, then my hair re-touched, and then I'm heading to Kernersville, NC, to spend the night with my sister and brother-in-law.  The next day I will help hang the Carolina Longarm Association quilt show, Romance is in the Air.  I have four quilts entered for judging, and one in the Challenge category. 

Fun With Feathers, 2010


 All challenge quilts have the same fabric and pattern for the top, but each of us quilted it to our own preferences.  That should make an interesting display!



Romance is in the Air-Carolina Longarm Quilt Show
Friday, September 17, and Saturday, September 18
New Hope Presbyterian Church
2570 Harper Road, Clemmons, NC 27012
9:00-5:00, Admission $5.00

Clemmons, NC is just north of Winston-Salem, off 421.  It should be a beautiful day for a ride to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains!

I'll spend one more night with Katy and Kenny, work at the show on Friday, and then come home to see my son and grandkids.  We will babysit during the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers concert at Walnut Creek in Raleigh.  Looking forward to all these events!

I tried hard to finish the white antique quilt before leaving.  I have the bottom third of two stars, two corner squares, four setting triangles, and one long rectangle left to do---not that I'm counting! When I got to the very bottom it was looking like a dust ruffle.  But, as before, it is "quilting out" nicely.  I ran out of bobbin thread after going through 16 bobbins.  And my thread is breaking so often that I am thinking about washing my own mouth out with soap.  It will be two years this weekend since my sister-in-law entrusted me with this quilt and its twin.  It will be a little past its anniversary before it is complete!


Not sure if I will be able to post until I get home this weekend, but will definitely be blogging about the show sometime soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the show today and was so glad I got to meet you.

Carrie P. said...

I was at the show today and it was great. I liked seeing how each of you did the challenge quilts. Fascinating how all the designs were so different.