Well, even though Lesson One is still a Work-in-Progress, I have begun Lesson Two. This time we were to use fabric in muted colors that contained a visible line. We were to try to manipulate the fabric to convey shapes, curves, etc. in another still life. If you are interested in the process I used, here is my progression on this composition.
So, then I tried removing the background view from the window (Poof!) and just allowing the window to be a light space. I liked that better, but did not really have a good feeling about the upper part of this piece.
And, today I also got a good start on the commissioned piece for my sister's church. I will try to get it ready for stitching by tomorrow when we leave for a long weekend in the mountains. It has to be in Greensboro by a week from Saturday, so I have to make some quick decisions. And I am happy to say, I am more confident in planning this composition with all the art quilts that have been submitted and critiqued by members of this class.