Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Why I Make Quilts-Part 3

Happy New Year! I hope this year will be a good one for you.


We visited the "grands" for Christmas, always a great photo op! My daughter-in-law had switched out the children's bedrooms, and the Lily-bug quilt was still mounted on a rod in Avery's bedroom. So, while I was there, I sewed a sleeve on Avery's quilt and hung it in his room. While Lily's quilt was temporarily off the wall, I took the opportunity to watch her enjoy it. "Watch" being meant very literally, since it is full of hazardous buttons and yo-yo-s for a little girl to pull off. To my surprise, the first thing she did with it was turn over each corner. Miranda said she was looking for the picture of us which I had on the label!



She also did some up-close exploring of the little sparklies on her quilt. This is the little girl who puts everything in her mouth, so she was not allowed to explore to her heart's content. When they were at my house for the Turner Christmas dinner, she ate one of the black felt circles on the inside of my kitchen cabinets. When I tried to get it out of her mouth, she bit me! I told Miranda what she had eaten, she reassured me that she had already eaten all the black felt circles off the kitchen cabinets at home! Of course Big Brother had to get in on the fun!

Still not feeling 100% today. And not because of any overindulging on New Year's Eve! We spent New Year's Eve at home by ourselves for the first time ever. Must say, it was nice! We watched the Bourne Ultimatum on DVD and then Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve. Poor Dick Clark- America's oldest teenager really looked old this year.



1 comment:

Cathie said...

What beautiful pictures of your grandaughter -- looking a her grandma on the back of her quilt. Priceless!