Monday, May 10, 2010

Mountain Wildflowers

It was fun to walk or ride along the mountain last weekend and try to spot some of the many wildflowers that are blooming now.  I was happy to see two lady slippers on our hill, and then Charlie found a clump of about twelve of them growing along the drive.

All of the trillium I have seen have been a crimson color, but I found one on our hill that is white with a pink center.


There were little blue irises growing along the creek.


But the star of the show, by far, was the flame azalea growing wild at the top of the mountain.  The plants grow tall, more like trees than bushes.







On Mother's Day we ate breakfast with Ricky and Mary, and they surprised me with this planter made from an old wooden chair.   Mary painted the chair white, and Ricky removed the seat and wired in the basket.



And on Sunday night we stopped in Cary for dinner with Dave and Emily.  I was treated to a beautiful supper, a gorgeous orchid, a new decorative flag, and a soak in the hot tub!



I hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day as much as I did.

No comments: