Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Couple of "Quilts for Kids"

After completing a big quilting project, it is kind of fun to work on something fast and fun.  My guild meets tonight, so I got out a couple of charity baby quilts to whip up real fast.  These were made by Sharon from donated fabric at our last charity quilt sew-in back in January.  She actually made a pieced top and back using panel fabric, but thought the backing was cute enough to make another quilt.  These will be donated by the guild to the local neo-natal intensive care nurseries.
I had been having trouble tweaking my tension and was getting some unwanted knots on the back.  I spent a couple hours doing some machine maintenance.  I think the main culprit was the tension check-spring.  With manual in hand, I took it out and put it back in three times until I got it right.  Yippee!
So, I zoomed quickly on the baby quilts doing some flowers, swirls, hearts, and loops.


The other quilt has the same little bunnies in lines across the quilt.  I added a few feathers and fun flowers.



Our guild speaker tonight is Katie Pasquini Masopust, an artist and quilter that I greatly admire.  I would have enjoyed her workshops this weekend, except that we have a family wedding to attend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love your quilting, it's beautiful....do you quilt for others?