Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Quilty Books

We got home from western North Carolina yesterday evening after a delightful visit with all the McBrayers, and their doggies, both big (Tommy Mac's third dog named Blackie)

and small. This is baby Jasper, Lindsay's chihuahua puppy!


There was still snow on the ground in Rutherford County, so we had a sort of white Christmas...



and we had clear weather, and look at this gorgeous sunset reflected in the backyard pool.

My family has discovered the Amazon Wish List, which is a wonderful thing. You can add items from any website to your wish list. So, among my gifts, I found a subscription to Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine, and two wonderful quilt books.
I am especially thrilled with the first one, Fabric Art Collage- 40+ Mixed Media Techniques, by Rebekah Meier.

I have been collecting lots of tools and materials for painting and stamping fabric, but did not always know what to do with them. I love this book because she names the actual products she uses, where you can get it, and refers back to the page with the instructions when she shows a project with that technique. Finally, I am going to use my Creative Textile Tool for some hot stamping and cutting! I stopped at Mary Jo's Cloth Store, AKA Mecca, on the way home and added lots of nice new things to play with. Will show that stuff in another post.
The other new book is Creative Ways with Fibre & Stitch, by Sue Bleiweiss and Terri Stegmiller.

This book features many surface design techniques, and some awesome projects like a painted canvas tote, some journals, boxes, and art quilts. I took an online class from Sue last year on making fabric journals, and this book will be a lovely addition to my library.
Having been home less than twenty-four hours, I will be heading south this morning to visit my grands for a couple days. We did not get to spend Christmas with them this year, so I am anxious to see what Santa brought them! They both attend a private church preschool/Kindergarten which is closed this week, so I will have some uninterrupted grandma time!

1 comment:

Luies Malvia said...

I feel very thankful that I could read that awesome article. Thanks for sharing. Keep posting.
We also provide yahoo customer care services in USA & Canada. Feel free to contact us:
Yahoo Email Help Center