Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Here...Meet Josie

This was my one and only purchase on "Black Friday," the day after Thanksgiving, which has become the biggest shopping day in the USA.

For those who have been following my blog awhile, you may remember that I came out of retirement to teach school last spring. I saved every bit of that money...and decided after my recent guild workshop that I had to do something about my bad case of Sewing Machine Envy.

There is nothing wrong with the Bernina 1260 that I have had for about fifteen years. Ninety-five percent of what I do is straight-stitch and zigzag, with about five percent of fancy stitching on postcards or art quilts.

But, it is no longer up to snuff with what the new machines can do. My friends Janice, Michelle, Cathie, and even my online quilt teacher Pamela Allen all raved about their Janome 6600's.

And then Quilts Like Crazy had a special two-hour sale on Black Friday when this particular machine was on sale. A great sale. And I splurged and bought it! With some of my teaching money! And the special table that fits snugly around it!

I had to order the machine, and it arrived yesterday.

It's still in the box...the table is not here yet. And I want to play! But there are a couple projects that I need to finish fast, and don't have time to experiment with my new toy.

Oh, yeah, and all of my extended family is coming for dinner on Saturday.

Do you think it would be fine with them if I made new patchwork tablecloths instead of food?

Probably not!

Here is a peek at one of the secret projects I am finishing with Bernie the Bernina instead of Josie the Janome.

What could it be???

(It was quilted on my Gammill Classic- and came out pretty good, considering that the check spring on the tensioner came flying off during the process, and I didn't feel like working with an Allen wrench to take the whole thing apart and replace it.)

Secrets, secrets!

No comments: