Friday, March 7, 2014

Art Museum Lecture...and More Snow

Thursday I decided to take advantage of the fact that I live only a few miles from the North Carolina Museum of Art.  I attended a lecture by Joseph Covington on the Post-Impressionists:  Van Gogh, Seurat, Gauguin, and Lautrec.  It was part of a continuing Art History survey course.  

I loved it!  It helped that I had seen many of the featured paintings of these artists in person in New York, Chicago, St. Louis, and here in Raleigh.

Sunday at Le Grand Jatte by George Seurat

It was so interesting to hear about the relationships between the artists and the insights into the paintings.  I will probably go to more of these lectures when I can.

Thursday night we drove up to our mountain place.  It started to snow in North Wilkesboro.  We were not expecting anything except rain on Friday, but we woke up to a winter wonderland on Friday morning.  It continued to snow until about eleven o'clock this morning.


We took off on a Gator ride and it was beautiful.  So much snow ...and we saw a herd of about twelve deer running across the hill.



And, no, we still cannot move into the new cabin.  Still not permitted for occupancy.  Maybe soon?

No comments: