Sunday, March 16, 2014

Accepted!

I got the good news that my quilt was juried into the PAQA-South Art Quilt WHIMSY! exhibit at the Page-Walker House in Cary.  This was my first time to enter one of their shows, so I was happy to be one of the 45 accepted.




Now I have to add a hanging sleeve, make a wooden hanging slat with screw eyes attached to the ends, write an artist bio, get a 5x7 photo of myself, make business cards, and sew on a label.  I have until April 15 to get all that ready.

I have no news from the Vintage View Quilt show because I missed the whole event.  We went on our annual birthday trip to Asheville, NC, to visit as many of their fine microbreweries.  We had a DD, but ended up walking from place to place in the downtown Asheville area with a fine group of friends and relatives.



And one very large dog!  Our hosts Lee and Beattie have adopted a ten-year old golden retriever, Jake,  that was in need of a foster home.  He is about as big as a sofa but a very sweet boy.

Charlie enjoyed his birthday, and so did all of us.

Our own personal dog had to go to the kennel for the weekend.  She "emailed" us this photo saying she missed us, but was having fun.  I think she would have preferred to go on the pub crawl with us, like Jake did.



We had great weather Friday and Saturday, but it rained all the way home.  More wintry weather to come???  Let's hope not!

No comments: