Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Quilting Legacy?

The grandkids came to visit last weekend.  Caden and Lily immediately asked for my basket of fabric scraps again!  They have so much fun making up games with them, from making credit cards and play money to wrapping us in foot warmers and bracelets.  They even made the baby into Rambette!


On Saturday the boys went to the Dixie Deer Classic and the new Bass Pro Shop in Cary.  Lily and I spent the afternoon sewing together!  We started with the popular scrap basket and just sewed strips together on the sewing machine.  My Janome has a push-button start/stop switch, which made it easier for a seven-year old than the foot pedal.  She enjoyed it so much that she kept going until she had a piece big enough for a pillow top.  Then she chose a colorful backing fabric from my stash and sewed the top to the back.


A proud and happy girl!  And happy grandmother!





2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well done Lily! Your pillow is beautiful!

Karol said...

How do I get a copy of your American flag quilt? It's exactly what I'm looking to make!
Karol Singer on FB