Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mixed Media Canvases Continued

Here are a few more mixed media works in progress.

This is the background that I created at the Anything Art Meeting on Monday.


This is gesso mixed with acrylic paint on a gallery-mounted canvas, about 12 x 12 inches.  I scratched into the wet gesso with a straw and my finger.

Here is what I added to a previously prepared background made from tissue and catalog pages on canvas.  It is not quite finished.  It is a color wheel flower.


Astute followers of this blog may recognize that I took a watercolor practice page and cut it up to make the flower.  I needed more shades, so I applied some more watercolor paint to paper and used it, too.





This is a watercolor study that I did, actually copying a painting I saw in an online Raleigh art gallery.  I first thought of painting the elements to use in a mixed-media collage.  Then I liked the painting and decided to keep it whole and finish it.  I have added some tissue paper collage to the watercolor painting.  Needs a little more work to be finished.



This is the collage I made using the same painting for inspiration.  It is gesso, acrylic paint, and tissue paper/napkin collage.  I stenciled the text.  This turned out to be very colorful and bright.  Lots of texture.



As you can see, I have a lot of work to finish!



No comments: