Monday, August 31, 2009

The Ugliest Quilt in the World? NOT

As you may know, I have offered to do the quilting on charity quilts that my bee and guild are making for the Quilts on Wheels program. These are donated to rest home residents who are confined to wheelchairs. Often the elderly have poor circulation in their legs, and here in the south, most places are air-conditioned. When my friend gave me this quilt top, she swore it was the Ugliest Quilt in the World. It is made from scraps of flannel left over from other quilts she has made. There are nine-patches alternating with plaid blocks.


The colors are cheerful and bright. The texture is soft as a cloud.


The back is a soft blue and green plaid.
Some elderly person is going to be warmed and cheered by this gift of love every day.
I think it is beautiful!

4 comments:

Cathie said...

I think it's beautiful too.

Vicki W said...

Oh I've seen quilts MUCH UGLIER than that one!

Angie said...

I've quilted on some ugly quilt tops, or they appeared that way when they are first handed off to you to quilt. Machine quilting changes everything! Once they have the texture and the quilting design on them. they transform, and can be quite beautiful. I think this is one of those quilts! Some elderly person is going to enjoy using this. Beautiful!

Barb Forrister said...

Jeanne,

What a kind and thoughtful thing for you to do. I'm sure it will make someone very happy.
Cheers to you!