Friday, August 21, 2009

Two More "Quilts on Wheels"


I am amazing myself with my own productivity this week! Yesterday I quilted two more of the "Quilts on Wheels" charity quilts produced by members of my local bee. The first one is my own top, another Yellow Brick Road pattern using the black and white donated fabric mixed with some from my stash. Lots of polka dots here!

I love doing these short and fast projects. I timed myself on this one. I found a backing and a batting that were the perfect size with no trimming, a thread that worked and already had wound bobbins, and I mounted, quilted, and trimmed this little guy in 50 minutes!







I also did Sharon's other Quilts on Wheels. This one will be perfect for someone in the rest home that fondly remembers growing their own garden and canning their vegetables. Isn't this a great way to make a top utilizing large prints? It almost looks like a glass-front cabinet filled with luscious fruits and veggies.



I quilted this one with pumpkins, vines, and a few apples and carrots thrown in. Very fast!








Today we head to South Carolina. We are hauling our trailer with pressure-washer. While the men are pressure-washing our son's house, I will enjoy entertaining my little grand-children. I hope you all have a lovely weekend.
And here is a big shout-out to my brother Jeff in Florida...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE BROTHER! I hope your weekend looks something like this!

2 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love your pumpkin quilting, Jeanne. YBR is one of my very favorite quilt patterns! Have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

Oh!! i love these bright colors...
Patters are nice...
I like pumpkin quilting too..
--
Michell
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems