Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Here are a few pictures of our weekend efforts to decorate our house for Christmas. (Yes, I found the little adaptor that lets me stick the memory card into the laptop.)

Yesterday, a cold front came through and brought very blustery winds, and all of the deer were laying on their sides when DSH got home. Oops, he had forgotten to nail down the anchors. They are now back upright doing the perpetual graze-thing on the same spot of lawn.

We are hosting a Christmas gathering for my family, the Turners, on December 15. It will include four of my five brothers, my sister, my father, two aunts, a cousin from Alaska, and all the assorted spouses, children, grandchildren, girlfriends, boyfriends, and this year even a foster child. I am thinking maybe fifty people? So, we try to make the place as festive as possible. We have been doing this every year for about the last eleven or twelve years, I think. We have a huge yard and an open floor plan that sort of accommodates the crowd. It's a lot of work, but we look forward to seeing everyone! And we always miss the missing brother and his family who live in southern Florida. They always make the trip for family weddings, and sometimes come to the North Carolina mountains for the summer, but we sure miss them .

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love seeing everyone's Christmas decorations! beautiful!

Cathie said...

Jeanne - your little Christmas tree quilt is just perfect on the wall next to the "real thing!"