Monday, October 29, 2007

A Little More Mountain Beauty

Once again, not much quilting news, but lots of mountain inspiration! Here is the produce stand in Jefferson where we always stop for tomatoes, sometimes honey and homemade sourdough bread. It is now officially closed for the season. You can see Mount Jefferson in the background. (Supposedly surveyed by Thomas Jefferson and his father.)


One interesting quilting anecdote: a fellow longarmer in Raleigh referred a customer to me who needed some quilting done before Christmas. We talked on the phone several times, found out we were both teachers, and arranged to meet at my house. When she showed up I immediately recognized her as a friend from college days at N.C. State! I did not know her married name or that she was back in the Raleigh area. How fun was that!

Anyway, I need to complete my painting and bedroom remodel this week, and also am hosting my quilt bee on Thursday night. So, here are a few more mountain scenes, which I hope you enjoy.



Here is a Christmas tree farm across the New River.













My sister-in-law, her husband and one of her boys stayed with us this weekend and took a beautiful canoe trip on the New River- the same route where we float on tubes in the summer.
This is one of the many lovely homes along the New River.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

You have been posting some beautiful photographs! What a lovely area you live in.