Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bet You Can't Make Just One

Fabric postcard, that is. Once I have all my stuff out, I end up making another, and another, and another...
Autumn Splendor- this one is shiny and features Angelina fibers, laundry sheet flowers painted with Lumiere paint, metallic thread stitching, ribbons, fused commercial print with fruits, autumn leaves from a purchased spray, and of course a few Swarovski crystals.

Last night I received great news from daughter-in-law Emily. If you have been reading my blog, you may remember that their apartment building burned down in September, and all of their belongings suffered water, smoke, or soot damage. Yesterday, the dry cleaners returned all their cleaning that was salvageable...and the white wedding quilt I made for them is now fresh, shiny, and beautiful again! When I saw it after the fire, it was rather brown and not too promising. I was starting to gather my white fabrics to make them a new one, but I am glad that this one survived. It has Floribunda quilting a la Nichole Webb, a sateen back and some white satin squares mixed with the cottons on the front.



3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That is great news about the quilt! Cool postcard too - no I can't make just one - ever...

Michelle said...

What a blessing that the quilt survived. It is beautiful. Thanks for the heads-up on the photo troubles... I got the picture posted today! Michelle

Lynn Majidimehr said...

I'm so happy for you that they were able to clean the quilt so well. It looks like it's new, and it's gorgeous!