Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Even the Ladies' Room had a beautiful quilt


Still basking in the afterglow of the Carolina Longarm Quilt show last weekend. The quilts were just outstanding. The custom quilting category alone had about 70 quilts featured. The whole setting was just lovely on a crisp, bright autumn weekend. Look at the lovely wall quilt that greeted visitors to the ladies' facility at the church! It was made by several members of the congregation, and quilted by the amazingly talented Kim Buterbaugh.
I did not have a digital photograph of one of my quilt entries named Summer Treasures, so I snapped a pic while it was hanging in the show. This is a Yellow Brick Road pattern, very simple to make. I have made at least four quilts using this pattern, and they all look different. This one has hummingbirds, dragonflies, flowers, and even a few angels smiling down on the garden. I used commercial prints as well as hand-dyes. I love this happy, restful quilt, and keep it on the bed in my guest room.

No comments: