Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Got new dishes!
I am taking a little break from preparing the binding for my Carolina Lily quilt. I did cut the scallops yesterday, and they look fairly even. I have stay-stitched the layers of the quilt together and am ready to make the bias binding.
I thought I would get this done yesterday, but when the UPS truck arrived, all sewing stopped! I finally ordered some new dishes for our home from Winterthur. After admiring this set in the catalog for a long time, I decided to go for it since they were currently on sale. I think these will look nice at home and also in the cabin when we move up there. Anyway, it took a long time to unwrap, wash, and remove two stickers from the back of each dish. Hmmm, may have to cook a meal to try them out!