Monday, November 9, 2009

An Uncloudy Day

This weekend's weather was a blessing- especially on Sunday. We were in the North Carolina mountains, where it was bitterly cold, wet, and dreary on our last visit. This time it was sunny, warm, and not a bit windy.

At our elevation of about 3,000 feet above sea level, the trees were bare except for the oaks, whose leaves tend to cling on into the winter. But the sky was so blue and the air so balmy, it was just gorgeous.

We had a wonderful time. I'm not sure if I will be going back again until after Christmas, because next weekend is the beginning of gun season for hunting deer. I don't like hearing the guns going off or being around when someone kills a deer. But if the weather stays this nice, I will have to go up one more time.


As we came down the mountain, there was still some lovely autumn foliage.


And the clouds started to pile up, but just gentle white clouds.


And we could look back on the sunset as we headed east for home.

1 comment:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Beautiful scenery...like you I don't think I'd want to be there to hear the gunshots either.