I was putting a serious dent in my stash of black and white fabrics for this and a couple other projects recently. As I rummaged around looking for suitable pieces, I came across this piece and decided to use it. A long time ago, I tried out some methods of discharging color from black fabrics. I think it was in American Quilter. This is a piece of twill with some star-shaped areas and some blobby areas. I did some freehand flowers. Hopefully these pictures will enlarge when clicked. I used a variegated cotton thread called Tie-Dye.
If you remember my little experiment with my Neocolor 2 crayons, I had done a gradient on dry fabric using every one of the 84 colors.