Thursday, May 29, 2008

Here's to Us!


Today is my wedding anniversary. Charlie and I have been married thirty-seven years! Yikes! We met in college at N.C. State University in Raleigh, and started dating in January of my sophomore year. We were married at the end of my junior year. He dropped out and worked as a loan collector until I finished. That job was enough motivation for him to go back and finish his degree. It was a lot of fun being married while in college. We had lots of married friends, and we loved going to each others' apartments for dinner or a party. Both of us made much better grades. We were poor, but happy. Now we are no longer poor, but still happy! I am so thankful for the years we have had together. Now we have two handsome grown sons, two beautiful daughters-in-law, and two perfect grand-babies (and more to come some day, right, Dave?) Life is good!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Happy Anniversary!

zizzybob said...

My anniversary was May 26. My husband and I celebrated 40 years.
Happy Anniversary to us all.

Dave said...

Happy A-Day you hippies!

Yeah, more grandbabies on the way... in a decade or so! :)