Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Little Like Frida

I have posted before about a once-a-month journaling challenge on Facebook where you "visit" a different country each month.  That challenge has now been continued by several of the participants, who chose Mexico as the destination for May.

Just in time yesterday, I finished my painting inspired by artist Frida Kahlo's self-portraits.

A Little Like Frida, Jeanne Turner McBrayer, 2016



This was so much fun...I loved the loose interpretation and the use of color for value change.

I have also posted in the past about my persistent headaches, which have now lasted six weeks.  Tomorrow I am having an outpatient surgery procedure that I hope will cure them.  I didn't have sinus infection at all, just severely deviated septum blocking air flow.  I will probably not be blogging for a few days after that.  Wish me luck!

No comments: