Friday, June 10, 2016

La Vie on Rose

This week has been kind of slow as I recovered from minor surgery.  I managed to get a little bit of painting done in between naps!

I decided to finish the roses from the Strathmore Online Workshop with Steve Mitchell  (The Mind of Watercolor.)  When last seen, I had done the first washes on the roses.  Here is how they turned out.

This is the one in my watercolor journal. I am pretty happy with it.




This is the first one I tried, on watercolor paper.  I liked it okay, but thought the edges looked too hard.  I sprayed it with a fine droplet sprayer to soften the leaves and petals.  Not sure how great that looks, but it is what it is.



And since I was practicing watercolor roses, I added one on my latest Bible journaling page.


This is actually my favorite Bible verse  (Philippians 4:6), and now it is my favorite Bible journal page.

Tomorrow we leave for our annual family beach vacation.  Look for lots of photos and maybe some art journaling while I am there!




No comments: