Sunday, June 5, 2016

Trying on a Little Hockney

Here is my watercolor version of a David Hockney painting called Red Pots in the Garden.


I really liked painting this way, with lots of movement and a bright palette.  The original is done in oil.  I have been enjoying studying and learning from the painting styles of great artists.

Red Pots in the Garden, David Hockney.
I also managed to do one more Bible art page.   I took the same little deer that was in my forest painting and added it to this woodland scene.



I got through my outpatient surgery with faithful hubby taking good care of me.  It was not as bad as I feared.  I have mostly stayed on the couch all weekend, but we managed to go to church and lunch with our family this morning.   Hopefully, I will be good as new by our beach vacation next weekend.

No comments: