Tuesday, May 31, 2016

A Trip to Annapolis

Last week we had the pleasure of traveling to Annapolis, Maryland, home of the United States Naval Academy.  My nephew Ryan Turner graduated and was commissioned as an ensign in the Navy.  He is on his way to flight school in Pensacola, Florida.



Here is Ryan with his mother, Patti, and dad, my brother John.

The Turner family was well represented, as quite a few of us traveled up for the week's events.  One of the most spectacular was the Blue Angels air show on Wednesday afternoon.




They also did one more fly-over at the graduation ceremony.

Before we left Raleigh, I painted a Blue Angels graduation card for my nephew in watercolor.



It got very hot as the proceedings and speeches went on and on.  Charlie and I hopped a bicycle rickshaw on the way back to the motel.  I had to share my seat with Lewis, the pug with the batman cape!



We loved being on the water.  Some of us enjoyed a boat tour of the harbor and a water taxi ride to dinner.








Dinner on the waterfront was a nice treat.



My brother Jeff and his wife Anna came up from Florida.  It was great to visit with them without having to go for cancer treatments!  (We stayed with them during Charlie's treatments in Sarasota.)

It was a fine way to spend Memorial Day weekend...and to see the making of a new officer and a gentleman!



No comments: