Saturday, June 1, 2013

Mountain Weekend

Here it is Saturday again, and I see that I have not posted since last weekend!  The weather turned out to be beautiful for Amanda and Natty's outside wedding.  We had a nice time visiting lots of friends and family.  

Baby Charlie turned out to be a good mountain baby!  She loved riding the Gator, enjoying the shade down by the creek, dressing up for the wedding, and meeting her baby cousin Lucas.


Here she is, kicking back in her wedding outfit.


We had a beautiful sunset ride to the top of the mountain, and saw the perfect triangle alignment of three planets.  (Not visible in this photo)



My sister and her husband have started a hobby farm.  They now have two pygmy goats


six piglets, some chickens, and they are planning to get some miniature cows!

Speaking of cows, I went to Jerry's Art-a-Rama in Raleigh a couple days ago, and there was this lovely painted bovine just inside the entrance to the store.  I think they must have bought it from the auction last year.


I will end with this shot of flame azalea, which grows wild on the mountain in varying shades of orange.  Beautiful way to light up the mountain!





No comments: