Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Coloring Old Glory


We are getting ready to leave for our Fourth of July LONG weekend today. I am trying to get everything I need ready- for staying six days and having a huge group in for a pig-picking. Yesterday I found this little quilt flag that I bought years ago at the Capital Quilters Guild show. It is hand quilted by someone whose initials are HBC. Anyway, I thought I would have the red, white, and blue proudly displayed on the cabin. But when I retrieved this quilt from the closet, it had faded badly from being displayed in the hot sun on my front porch. Got out my Tsukineko inks- and PRESTO, CHANGO- it is now bright and pretty again instead of red, white, and gray!


I hope you all have a safe and happy Fourth of July! I won't be blogging again until next week!

2 comments:

Cathie said...

Hi Jeanne. What a treasure this little flag is. You don't know who made it? Maybe they will see it on your blog!
Have a wonderful and safe trip up to your little piece of the woods.
Cathie

Michelle said...

This flag is darling - perfect for a mountain cabin. I'm glad you were able to rescue it!