Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Lily's Quilt Top is Done!

Okay, here it is- Lily's quilt top, ready to go on the Gammill today! The flowers, letters, bugs, and even the bias tape are fused on and then applied with invisible thread and a tiny zigzag stitch. Can't wait to start quilting, then embellishing!

Originally, I was just going to spell out her nice, short, four-letter name. But at the beach, I noticed that her family all called her Lily-bug, even three-year-old brother Avery . That nickname works perfectly with all the dragonflies and the ladybug- not to mention the extra space at the bottom of the center block! Hope she does not mind when she gets older. When I was little my mother often called me Jeannie- Bean, which I did not like, and my dad called me Jeannie-Bird, which I loved. Lily has actually been called Bugs or Bugsy since she was born, because of her GREAT BIG EYES. Cute as a bug?

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt is so cute! So is Lily!

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely PERFECT.. I Love It!!! Thank you so much for making it so special for her. We cant wait to put it in her room. You are the Best Mother-in-law and grandmother I could ever hope for. Thank you, thank you, thank you..