Monday, June 18, 2007

Back to Reality

It was a wonderful week at Sunset Beach. On Wednesday, the birthday girl arrived with her mom, dad, and brother! Lily loved the water, taking to it like a little otter. Sunset Beach has tidal pools that remain in the sand at low tide, just perfect for little ones to play in without worry of waves knocking them off balance. We loved watching them! Friday was a little cool and rainy in the morning, so we took a little trip to North Myrtle Beach to see Alligator Adventure. Grandson Avery is crazy about alligators, mostly thanks to a kid video with the late Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. I was surprised that they also had two Siberian tigers, a bear, some beautiful macaws, lemurs, and a large reptile exhibit.

Yesterday I went back to the store to refill our larder, and then invited our son and his wife who live in Raleigh to come to dinner for Fathers' Day. Usually my husband takes charge of these Sunday dinners by grilling something yummy, but I wanted to make a special supper for him all by myself. So what did he do? Washed my car for me. What a nice man! He enjoyed his chicken pie, salad, corn on the cob, fruit salad, croissants, and strawberry shortcake. I tried something new that I loved when we ate at The Boundary House in Calabash last week. They used sugared pecans in the green salad. I did not know how to make them, so I did a quick search on the Internet. They are so sweet and crunchy and added a very different taste to the salad. I have a wonderful husband who is a great father and grandfather. I had to make do with wishing my own dad a happy Fathers' Day on Saturday at the beach before we left. He is such a unique dad with time and love to devote to his seven children and their spouses, fourteen grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren. Love you, Daddy!

I have just finished doing last night's dishes by hand, since the dishwasher chose an inopportune time to conk out. Made myself do my exercise video for the first time in ten days. Now on to working on little Lily's quilt!

No comments: