Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Indoor Blooms


I am glad we went for that scenic walk yesterday.  Today it is cold and raining buckets.  Kasey's only walk this morning was to the mailbox, although she is standing expectantly by the door, still soaked from that little outing.



With all the lovely flowers blooming outside, I decided to add a little seasonal decor to my kitchen.  We have tall windows and a glass porch door that allows what little light is available today to enter the room on three sides.  I brought in a few stems of miniature daffodils and pansies.



The bunnies are swinging away on the sill while the dogwood blooms behind them in the back yard.


There are some painted, trapuntoed quilts on the wall in pastel colors.



Yesterday, my friend Marcia received the little baby quilt that I finished using her mother's patchwork.



  I added a label trimmed in pastel rickrack and a photo of her mom.  There is space to add the baby's name if they choose to.



Still working on my quilted jacket.  I will check with the Quilt University instructor for permission to post photos of our work.  So far I have partially finished only the yokes.  Slow progress!

No comments: