Monday, January 24, 2011

The Sketchbook Challenge- Highly Prized

I decided to participate in The Sketchbook Challenge- not to be confused with The Sketchbook Project.  There are sixteen hosts who share their own work, offer tutorials, and encourage participants to create art in any media desired.  Each month there is a prompt, and if you upload a photo of your project, you become eligible for that month's prizes.

The theme for January 2011 is Highly Prized.  If you have been following my blog, you know that my affectionate new dog, Kasey, is a a good choice for Highly Prized subject matter!


I drew this page in a Strathmore 9" x 12" Sketch book.  This is a general purpose sketch paper for dry media.  I used watercolor pencils and black ink.



The text on the left is embellished with Zentangle-type designs. 

There is a Flicker site with uploaded photos of The Sketchbook Challenge projects.  It is cool to see how everyone has interpreted this theme.

No comments: