Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Missing Them Already





It has been a whirlwind adventure, keeping my two pre-school grandchildren for almost two weeks. I feel like the quote: "The reason young children have so much energy is that they suck it out of their grandparents." That's okay, I will gladly deal anytime with household messes, lack of sleep, sibling rivalries, and the three P's (pee, poop, and puke), to be around my little darlings. Last weekend we took them to our cabin in the mountains. They absolutely loved the Gator, fishing in the pond, and wading in the creek near the dam. I think Avery will definitely remember his visit with us, and hope that two-year old Lily will. She acted so much like a big girl!

I just mailed a big box of stuff that I forgot to send home with them. Somehow I am just not as organized as I should be to pack up two little ones for a road trip!
To all of you young mothers who still find time to pursue your passions of quilting, artwork, or even blogging, my hat is off to you. Don't know how you do it!
Thanks for your patience as I totally abandoned All Things Quilty for All Things Kiddy the past few weeks. After I finish cleaning my house and car, I have lots of projects to write about.



2 comments:

Cathie said...

Jeanne - your pictures of the little ones are sooooo sweet. What a wonderful blessing to be able to spend such quality time with them for extended periods of time. I am still laughing at the three p's -- were you talking about kids, cats or dogs?!!! lol lol lol

Unknown said...

They miss you too. Thanks again for the help with the kids. I don't know what I'd do without you. Love you.