Saturday, April 9, 2016

Angels Among Us

The other day I mentioned that I had been painting.  Just some pages in my art journal and also my art journaling bible.

I had a request for a painting similar to this one with scripture.


So I have been practicing painting angels in my journals...in lots of different colors.






Most of these are not finished yet, but I will add some more darks for contrast and perhaps some scripture.

Here are a few other journal pages.  Some have acrylics as well as watercolor.  All are waiting for some sort of text.




And I have really been enjoying my Bible art journaling and have made a few more. Sometimes I am inspired by the great masters of art when I read the Scripture verses.



Monet, anyone?  The iconic bridge at Giverny.



 Van Gogh and his exuberant shining lights were called to mind by Matthew 5: 13-16.


It has been COLD and WINDY here in Raleigh, NC this weekend.  We kept our granddaughter Charlotte last night, and then we all went to Saturday afternoon service together this afternoon.  The wind had knocked out the power in the area, so there was a sort of acoustic music program, which was very nice.  Then we went to Full Moon Oyster Bar for supper.  A good weekend so far!

No comments: