Monday, February 1, 2016

Quilting in the Snow


I braved the cold of our unheated basement to quilt two small projects last weekend.

The first one is the scrappy baby quilt with white washings and borders all around.  I decided to do a freehand Feathers All Over motif to counteract all those straight lines.



I stitched curvy stems from side to side the whole length of the quilt, and then created feathers and outlined them.  Where there was too much space between the rows of feathers, I quilted in some ribbons and flowers.



The other one is a little smaller.  I did a leafy meander with some posies here and there.  Nothing like dreaming of some actual foliage and flora in the middle of winter!






This is my setup in the basement.  If you look out those double French doors, you can see the world of white outside.

                              




Two of these babies helped a little.


 It was really beautiful outside.  It snowed about ten inches the weekend before, and there was lots of fluffy snow left for us to enjoy outside.





It is amazing how much color is in the winter landscape.  I took this picture during a late afternoon walk along the creek.



 This time next week we will be leaving again for Florida.  It is hard to imagine.



No comments: