Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"CUPful" Pottery Excursion

Today some of the members of my art quilt group traveled once again to Creedmoor, NC, to visit the Cedar Creek Gallery.  They were having a special display and sale of mugs and cups handcrafted by artisans from all over the United States.




Some of the cups had very unique shapes, such as these with the dagger-like handles.


Some had very organic shapes and interesting ways to hold the cup.


There were lots of birds and other animals represented.


Here are the mugs that came home with me.

I love this two-sided mug.  There are painted faces on one side.


The other side is a nice floral.  The spring palette was very inviting.  I had my first cup of tea from this mug this afternoon. 


The other cup has a couple of dragonflies and a flower.



It was a very fun day.  I'll show more photos from the rest of the gallery and the gardens next time.

No comments: