Monday, October 14, 2013

Freeze Frame Quilts-PAQA-South Exhibit

Here are some more photos from the current show at the Page Walker House in Cary, NC, titled ARTQUILTSfreezeframe.  

There are several display cases in the lobby with artwork for sale from PAQA-South members, including Lyric Kinard and my art quilt bee's own Antoinette Brown.



I think this one is Sunflower by Susan Brubaker Knapp.


And this one is one of Lyric's.  She had two pieces titled In Search of the Old Ones:  I and II.


On to more quilts from the actual Freezeframe exhibit, which features quilts inspired by photographs.

I love the exuberant color and textural quilting in this piece.  I neglected to take a picture of the label to identify it, but I think it might be Urban Environment by Magenna Brink.  I will try to verify.


From the city to the forest...this lovely piece is Fireline by Nanette S. Zeller.


The actual photo inspiration is displayed next to the quilt


 Here is another quilt displayed next to its photo inspiration.  Very close to the original! Lily #1 by Eileen Kane.





Here is an interpretation of a seasonal theme by Susan Brubaker Knapp:  Heirloom Pumpkins.



More next time! 

No comments: