Monday, November 5, 2012

Whacky Ladies Bee Meeting

I have missed several recent meetings of my local quilt bee, The Whacky Ladies, so I was glad to be able to attend last Thursday night.  We met at Mary's house, which is only a couple of miles from my house.

Here is some of our Show-and-Tell.

Sharon made this quilt using squares of fabric from a panel, to which she added several borders.

 
Carolyn has started putting together the large red and white blocks from her Block of the Month project from Wish Upon a Quilt.
 
 
 
She is doing another BOM using black, tan, and gold fabrics in batiks.
 
 
Marilyn showed us her festive quilt top in Christmas fabrics and colors.
 
 
Mary also had a Christmas quilt, with trees and cardinals.
 
 
Since we were at Mary's house, she showed us her "napping quilt."
 
 
And here is another Warm Wishes quilt (slightly out of focus, sorry!)
 
 
Lori made a purse from her own original pattern.
 
 
Here is a pinwheel quilt.  I think it was made by Paula.
 


And this is Paula holding a Nine-Patch Pizazz quilt, which I think was made by Mary.  I love the rich colors.

 
I showed my recently returned Round Robin quilt that had been lost for years.  What a surprise when the person who had it found me on Facebook and mailed it to me!
 
 
I also showed the Re-Vision quilt from Cyberbee that I was supposed to have finished over a year ago.  The beautiful top was made by Mary Corcoran.  I have chosen a beautiful hand-dye by Ricky Tims to add a final border.
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need to join some kind of quilt group now that I am more "settled" I am ready to have kind of a social life again. It has been a long and lonely two years.