Friday, November 9, 2012

Art of the Carolinas: Day 2

Today I went to another watercolor painting class at Art of the Carolinas with artist Tom Jones.  Today's topic was painting mountain mist.  And, much to my surprise, there were only two of us in class today!

Here is what I finished up with.

 
We learned some neat tricks to soften the edges of the mountains, make treelines, make smoke, etc.  Mostly Tom helped me with mixing my colors and loading my brush, which I had never really learned to do very well.
 
Tomorrow morning I am leaving for South Carolina and a weekend of babysitting with my grandchildren.  Charlie went to the mountains with our dog Kasey.  I won't be back until Monday. 
 
Can't wait to go see my little monkeys!
 
 

2 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Another grand watercolor and such rich colors wow! Have fun with the grands.

Unknown said...

the painting is so gorgeous......you are really quite the artist!