So, today I started working on a new challenge. My Anything Art bee has started a round robin Surface Design challenge. Each participant starts with a yard of plain white fabric, and sends it to the next person on the rotation. She can include a journal to describe what processes and materials are used. I suggested that each person photograph the fabric when she has done her part. I think this will be super fun and will yield some very unique layered fabrics!
Then the wind picked up, and I started putting down rocks to hold the fabric in place. I could already see that the objects were printing. despite the hidden sunlight.
I got out some latex gloves to wear during all this, but of course did not put them on before painting. I am going to my quilt bee tonight, and will have to get busy removing paint from my fingernails.
And it was SO much fun to do some fabric design again!