Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another Lady's Face

When I went upstairs to get the backing fabric for the Cassatt art quilt, I saw my unfinished lady's face on another painting...and decided to work on her instead.

Island Girl, Jeanne McBrayer, 2012

She is done in acrylics.  Some of the background is colored with water-soluble crayons and outlined with paint markers.  No collage this time, I just drew on the paper to make the doodles.

I'm not sure why I am creating all these island girls, except that this time last year I was planning to leave for a dream trip to Hawaii!

But anyway, I did finish stitching the autumn barn, and it is ready to be machine-quilted.

I will quilt in some lines on the barn to represent the boards, and add more branches and tree trunks.  I am thinking that this one might get a little paint embellishment after it is quilted.  I want to catch that sunlight hitting the goldenrod and the autumn foliage.

So, what did you think of 53-year-old Madonna cavorting at the Superbowl halftime show?  Pretty obvious she was lip-syncing, but the Material Girl still looks awful good, doesn't she?

No comments: