Wednesday, May 25, 2011

New Work in Progress

Here is my latest art quilt in progress...tentatively named "Sunday Ride."


This was done for Lesson 3 in my Faces and Figures online class with Pamela Allen.  We were to put at least two figures into a composition this time.  I chose to depict Charlie and I riding through the Christmas tree farms at the top of our mountain.  Kasey is there too, and if you look closely you might also spot some wildlife lurking behind the trees! 

Pamela did not make any suggestions to change this piece, although I have redone my right arm (too spindly) and changed my shirt color so Charlie's hand would show up better. Also, this is all just glue-basted- and Charlie's left ear appears to have flown the coop!  It is a good thing to take digital photos of your work and check them for contrasts in values. 

I started stitching this one by hand last night while watching the finale of Dancing With the Stars.

2 comments:

Karen S said...

This is so cool! I love the whimsical look of this.

Elizabeth said...

This looks wonderful and it is so true about taking pictures and having a second look!!! Can't wait to see how this evolves!!