Thursday, August 23, 2007

New WIP photos


Here is a photo of my green quilt after quilting. I have tentatively decided to call it Carolina Woodland Spring. I think I will like this one better after using my inks and colored pencils to give some life to the light green background. (It is lime green fleece showing through a white batiste top.) I think I may cut the border of green squares in an irregular shape, and I definitely plan to add some embellishments such as beads and embroidery. Those dogwood blooms need some yellow centers. I attempted McTavishing around the center square, freehand flowers and swirls around the white border, and line dancing in the green squares. Right now I don't exactly love this quilt (It's not easy being green?) but I think it has potential. Well, at least I can hang it up for St. Patrick's Day!



I finally took some pictures of the quilt top made from Lilly Pulitzer fabrics. I purchased the fat quarters on e-Bay to make this quilt for my daughter-in-law's sister. She had all her bridesmaids choose Lilly dresses for her beach wedding. These fabrics are fun to work with, in tropical colors with funky flowers and animals. The fabric is lovely and soft and tightly woven. Even more fun, try to find the name "Lilly" in each of her designs. I will have to make an outfit for my granddaughter Lily using some of these, even though the spelling is not quite the same.















Here is the top, with LP fabrics framed by various black-and-white batiks and prints. I plan to use the black polka dot for the outer border.
















Here is the skirt I bought at Goodwill that has shimmery rayon flowers embroidered. I am considering using them in the border somehow.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Love that LP quilt top with the black and white sashing! Your green quilt is realy creative - can't wait to see it with your coloring.

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Vicki, thank you so much for your kind comments. My DIL just called and gave me the thumbs up on the Lilly Pulitzer quilt, and thinks her sister will go crazy over it. I am getting rather fond of it myself!